Sunday, April 21, 2013

Homework - 101 Text Messages You Must Read Before You Die


You need to re-read 101 text messages you must read before you die and then intervene in the narrative by writing from Ro's point of view. In order to do this you must thoroughly plan out your plot as well as your characters. Remember to try and ‘get inside’ the mind of each character.
 
You might write the text message that Ro would send to her father at this point or an internal monologue to show what Ro is thinking. Try to give Ro an authentic voice and allow her feelings about her father and their relationship to emerge through your intervention.


Is that Dad? What is he doing here?! Wow, he's in such a wreck. Silly old man! He must've been worried about me. I probably should have left him a message saying I've gone fixing the tractor for him. I didn't think he'd be done working in the orchard so fast though. I mean, he looked busy enough raging at apples all morning. The things Dad would do for me. I need to give him yet another lecture on being more careful again. I hate seeing him getting in so much trouble for me all the time. I can see his forehead bleeding a little. Oh Jesus. I love him so much, despite him constantly being over-protective. Since Mum passed away, Dad has become more protective over this many years. I guess I can't blame him. It's only natural he feels the need to keep me alive after what happened to Mum... I miss her, but I'm sure she's in a better place now. I'm going to protect Dad for Mum too. Dad looks incredibly confused. He keeps typing in his phone then looking back up, searching my face for a response, then back to his phone again. His frantic typing tells me he's most likely been texting a million messages without sending any one of them... This is hilarious. Poor Dad! Oh my god. I think I should rescue him. 

G'day Dad. Actions speak louder than words with texts too. You have to remember to press send. Love Ro xx :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment