Sunday, April 28, 2013

Letter to Younger Self - Sky High Activity

*   Write a letter to your younger self à speaking to yourself about the event from the Sky-High activity giving them advice on choices and decisions


To: My Younger Self
75 Brighton Parade
Rivage Royale
Southport
4215

How you doing little one. I know all your toys are your best friends and you’re certain that no matter what happens in the future, you’ll always be together. But I think it’s best that you know now that things are never ‘forever’. This doesn’t mean just toys though. This also means everything in general, like your likes and dislikes will always change and you should learn to accept that. Change is just a part of life and it’s not necessarily a bad thing. But if you choose to be stubborn now and believe firmly that everything will stay wonderful and perfect forever, you will just get hurt even deeper in the future when you look back into your past. As your older self, I’ve learned the hard way that life isn’t afraid to surprise you and you need to be prepared for whatever that comes your way. You need to be open to the idea of growing up, which means no more talking to toys and no more ‘best friends forever’. I mean, I’m not trying to destroy childhood. It’s okay to think that some things are forever but I’m warning you that don’t go overboard with it. Well, my point has been made. I hope you take in this advice and continue living a great life.

Yours Sincerely,
Your Older Self

No comments:

Post a Comment